The device provides safe and simple method of handling a vial containing radioactive solution. As a portable shield the device is suitable for usage in the automatic batching and measuring device PT317.
Device Design, Purpose & Usage
The device is used in medicine for transporting radionuclide solutions manually. Its purpose is to reduce the risk of exposure and contamination of employees handling radioactive solutions. The device provides a safe and simple method of handling vials containing radioactive solutions.
The vial is inserted freely into the container well and covered by a lid with a lock the lid being equipped with a screw ensuring the safe sealing of the inner space of the container. Swivelling handles serve to carry the container. As a portable shield, the device is suitable for usage in PT317 Automatic Batching and Measuring device.
Main components of the device
- Container base with a 28mm tungsten shield, with fixed stainless-steel handles
- Lid with a handle, with a 28mm tungsten shield
(Are not a part of this device) PT317 Automatic Batching and Measuring device
- Maximum total height 133 mm
- Maximum total height without handel 114 mm
- Container outer diameter 97 mm
- Container outer diameter 85 mm
- Maximum vial diameter 26 mm (could be modified)
- Maximum vial height 59 mm
- 10,5 kg
Accessories Supplied with the Device